Friday, April 22, 2011

Blossoms

Blossoms on my flowering crab apple tree

Just love the colors

But the poor tree leans and has to be braced

View from my living room window
My neighbor, whom I never see, has this low spot on his property. It borders our joining property lines. I have heard that he filled this in prior to me buying this house, but the rain water still wants to create a little pond. Actually, in this photograph the water level is down drastically. But the ducks like to come and eat whatever it is that ducks eat off the bare spots under the water.

This is the view out of my living room windows. Gracie has become so complacent with the ducks, she doesn't even growl or bark at them anymore. Simply sits on her leather chair or hassock and gazes out at this scene. They also ignore her. However, the lady standing at the window pointing the big camera lens at them, that was another story.

My flowering crab apple tree finally came out in full bloom yesterday, with the sun. I love the mix of colors on the blossoms. The only way the tree is still standing is that I braced it last year, tying ropes to a steel stake pounded into the ground. It needs to be pulled more upright again.

We are once again bracing for more rain, damaging winds, hail, Dorothy and Toto flying past......I know we'll reach a point where we are all praying for rain, but good grief Charlie Brown, this has been one wet spring. I've heard the storm sirens sounded more in the past 3 weeks than in the entire time I've lived here.

Whatever you do this weekend, enjoy yourselves.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment