Sunday, March 27, 2011

Out of chaos...

Canvas created with Graphic 45 Springtime papers
A few months ago I purchased two packs of cheap, stretched canvas. Several of the altered art designers with blogs had been using these as the basis for their work, and I liked the boxy look. When Cathy got the Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime papers in stock, I bought several sheets, fully intending to use them on a canvas.

I started this, oh, around Christmas or shortly after, if I remember correctly. Could not get it in any order that I liked, so on the shelf it went with all of the other unfinished projects. Thursday was a very bad day indeed, and to take my mind off of the missing boy, I pulled this out and began to play. And suddenly I could see order where before there was none. I could see the potential for something I really liked take shape. To me, this piece reflects the disorder going on inside my head. But it also symbolizes that Spring has arrived, the earth is being reborn, and yes, there is hope. Spring, to me, is the certainty that there is a future after the bleakness and cold of winter.

I don't know what the future holds. I hope and pray that Sarge will rejoin our family, and we will once again be a Scrappindogmom with two dogs, cleaning up muddy paw prints, training with special cheese flavored treats, and me telling them to "knock it off". But in the meantime, life is just beginning to return to some level of normalcy. I again feel the urge to make stuff, to meet friends for lunch or dinner, to see a movie. The empty niche is still present, the ache in my heart, but Spring has brought healing as well as hope.

At least for today. Make it a good day for yourself and your loved ones.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment