Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Gracie

One of the many holes in the backyard that Missy has dug

What???

That was a good snack!
I imagine there is a reason why dogs eat grass and dirt. Gracie is not the only dog I know that does this. Carol says Coal eats dirt all the time. Little Missy loves to start a hole, especially in the spring, and lay down and lick the dirt. She also likes the tender shoots of grass and the roots. Evidently there is something that they crave from Mother Earth.

Consequently, there are small holes all over the yard. Once we are past the prospect of snow (yes, I said snow in the next few days), I plan on filling them all in and trying to put down patches to grow grass. I'm thinking I'll probably lose on this front, but one can only try.

You'll notice the brand new (as of last night) Nyla bone laying next to her. She'll chew on the bone, then go to one of her holes.

Whatever. At least she's home with me.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment