Sunday, January 2, 2011

Favorites



This is the time when people reflect on the past year. I started this blog in August, and have enjoyed it immensely. A side benefit that I didn't realize at the beginning is that it forces me to carry the camera more often, always looking for an opportunity to take "a good shot".

So, thinking along those lines, I wanted to repost the above photos. They are among my favorites for the year. And but of course, they are of my dogs.

Sarge in the snow is pure joy. Evidently, because of his thick coat, he loves the colder weather. But he particularly loves playing in the snow with Gracie. It is so strange, when the temperatures are mild and we go to the dog park, Sarge is the one who wants to leave after 30 minutes. He will stay by my side after the initial play, and as soon as I start towards the gate, there he is. But this past month, with 17 inches of snow in December, I had to bribe the boy to leave the park. He would keep enticing Gracie to one more romp, one more run.

This photo of Gracie is one of my all time favorites. I took this in the backyard, after we returned from one of the first sheepherding lessons. My girl was exhausted, resting in the shade. There is just something about this that tugs at my heart every time I see it.

It was a good year. We hope yours was as well.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment