Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Back to Normal?

Dancing the Dance
Carol returned Sunday afternoon. I saw her pull into the driveway, but the 3 dogs did not. Oddly enough, no one heard the car either. So I casually called Coal over to the front door, and opened it. I knew he wouldn't run off. The big guy sauntered out into the front yard, sniffing, not really looking around. Carol finally called his name, and he bounded over to her car and climbed in on her lap. The tail was wagging, the body was wiggling. All was right with the world, his mom had come back for him.

After everyone had departed later that day, my two started their "wild dog" routine, something that had not happened all weekend. This is where Gracie and Sarge chase each other through the house, chewing on one another, generally acting like two dogs playing. This time it lasted well over an hour. At one point they took the play outside and raced from one end of the yard to the other.

Since then, they have been glued to my side. My thinking is that they don't want a third dog coming into the house and have decided the best preventative for this is to be my best buddies. Whatever the reason, I'm enjoying the quiet and companionship.

The little farts.....
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment