Saturday, November 20, 2010

Remember?

Green grass. Gee, it's been sooooo long
The yards are still brown. I went through the picture folders on the computer looking for the opposite of yesterday's post with the snow pictures. I can't wait for my grass to look like this again. It's going to be a very long winter.

We have heavy fog this morning. The guys are so ready for a long walk, but I'd like a little bit of sunshine before we set out. I may not get my wish. It now appears that the fog is getting thicker. Dang.

Have lots to do this weekend. I have two cookie exchanges coming up in December, and I'd like to try something different. Of course, that means I have to bake a batch first to try them out. And eat them. This is a good and bad thing. Good for the taste, bad for the added calories. If you have never attended a cookie exchange, they are a lot of fun. You invite a bunch of people, and everyone brings 3 dozen cookies. We have a pitch-in type buffet, and after we eat and visit, we walk around a table loaded with all of the cookies. Each person takes a few cookies from everyone else. You go home with a great variety, and will probably end up with a few new recipes in the bargain. I've been to some elaborate exchanges, where we voted for the best decorated, most unique cookie, etc. We're not doing that here. We just want to eat them!

Whatever you do this weekend, enjoy yourself.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment