Friday, November 12, 2010

Misc Friday

A little help here, please!
This is me getting up from the first encounter with the sheep last Sunday. Please notice that everyone is running away. Not one of them (sheep or dog) offered to help me up. Ingrates. One and all.

Lots going on of late, so this is a short post. I need some new photos for the blog and hope to do something about that today. Going to a great Christmas Open House at the Gingerbread Shed in Eugene, IN. It is owned by a woman I have known for 21 years now, Linda Wilson. She started off in a converted school bus in her back yard, and has progressed to 3 or 4 different "sheds", small buildings they have constructed on their land. Inbetween the sheds are walking paths and wild flower and herbal gardens. A unique place, a great woman. I discovered her when we lived in Kingman, IN. years ago.

I taught a Christmas Card class at Allyscraps the other night, and we had a ball. Cathy had designed 5 very cute cards, using vintage images from Creative Secrets, and the ladies in class loved them. We hope to do some more classes this month. And I'm making 2 complete Christmas scrapbooks for a friend to give to her son's families. If you would like to see what else is going on at Allyscraps, just click on the scrapbook supply link at the bottom, or the link for the blog at the right.

Did everyone thank a vet yesterday? I said a silent thank you to the ones no longer with us: Pat's mate, Jose, who served in Vietnam in the Army, her brother Pete, who served in the Navy, my uncle Joe who was in the South Pacific during WWII, Jean's brother Jim, who I think was in the Army. My own brother did 4 years in the Air Force. And Jean's husband, Paul, served in Vietnam. Our thanks to one and all.

Go and enjoy the very last of Indian Summer, I'm sure. It has been wonderful here. Thanks for stopping by.


Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment