Saturday, November 27, 2010

Images of the Season

The Three Wise Men

Sheep and the donkey

The Shepherd

Baby Jesus

Mary

Baaaaaaaaa!!!
After dinner and a walk on Thanksgiving Day, I hauled out all of my Christmas Decorations and started setting them up around the house. I'm having a jewelry party and a cookie exchange in the next two weeks, so I wanted to spruce things up a bit.

I collect Jim Shore. If you have not heard of him, he is an artist who sells replicas of his original carvings. They are usually in resin. I fell in love with the vivid colors years ago, and started buying a few pieces. Then the kids found out I like them, and have given me a ton of Santas, various animals, and the above Nativity. I've never had a Nativity before, but this one I do indeed put out every Christmas. I like the size, shapes, and most of all the colors used. The detail is excellent. This year it sits on my fireplace mantel. Please note that the shepherd has detailing of sheep on the front of his frock. Uh huh.

Speaking of sheep, I was at the Gingerbread Shed a few weeks ago, and saw this little guy pulling a Christmas tree. I walked by. I went back. I left. I went back and picked him up. Just could not resist having another fake, calm sheep in the house. One that does not intend to knock me to the ground. One that doesn't look at me and say, "Baaaaaaaa!".

We're waiting for the weather to warm up, then heading out for a walk. Beautiful sunshine today but a tad on the nippy side. Enjoy yourselves.


Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment