Sunday, October 17, 2010

Perfect Weather

Townhall Park
Have I mentioned how much I love fall? Yeah, I think so. We're going to meet some friends this morning to walk at Townhall Park. All 3 of us need to get out in the fresh air and stretch our legs.

The cooler weather has raised my energy level. I didn't realize how lethargic I had become this past summer until it was gone. So now closets are getting cleaned, I have a bag of stuff (everyone has "stuff", right?) to go to Goodwill, and a feeling of accomplishment is settling in. This is a good thing.

Also tried a new recipe off of the Tasty Kitchen blog. You can search for the recipe here. The name of the recipe is Raw Apple Cake, and it is pretty darn tasty. I did tweak it a bit: I left the peel on the apples, but did cut them into small, bite size pieces. Added a dash of nutmeg with the cinnamon, and increased the chopped walnuts to 1 1/2 cups. I like walnuts, but that's me. If you are in the mood for a taste of fall, give this cake a try.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment