Thursday, September 23, 2010

Autumn Wreath

An easy wreath for fall

Details of leaves
So I pick a day when we are expected to break an existing temperature record to make an Autumn wreath. Go figure. But I'm in the mood for fall, and by golly, it is time!

This is just a plain grapevine wreath from Joann's. I used a Maya Road chipboard leaf album, and sprayed the individual leaves with Maya Road Mist. Started with a bright yellow, then added red and orange until I got the golden tones I wanted. The stems are wrapped in skinny jute twine, and I attached the leaves by punching holes and threading more twine through. When working with a grapevine wreath, experience has taught me it is better to tie things on than glue them. I'm not a fan of a hot glue gun.

The metal leaves I cut out by hand, using one of the chipboards as a template. I first ran the metal through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder. You can use whatever you have on had. I then inked the metal with Ranger's Andironacks Latte ink to darken it a bit. The metal is glued to the chipboard leaf alongside of it with the Ultimate glue.

The banner is just cardstock glued to a piece of cardboard for strength. Letters were cut with the Plantain cartridge from Cricut. I punched holes in the ends of the banner and tied it on with the twine. Making wreaths was one of my favorite things to do when we had the craft business years ago. This brought back a lot of memories.

Indianapolis broke a temperature record on Tuesday of this week, with a high of 96. Today is heading in the same direction. The weather this year is surreal. You have a comfortable day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment