Friday, August 6, 2010

And so it begins....

I am suppose to be retired. You all know what that means. People assume you have absolutely nothing to do with yourself. Retired women sit in front of the tv or computer all day long, sipping sweetened ice tea, eating gourmet cookies they have whipped up because they have nothing else to do. Uh huh. Since becoming officially retired, I have acquired 2 part time jobs: one at a scrapbook store that helps support my habit of buying everything under the sun concerned with scrapbooking, and the other as an aquatic exercise instructor. The second helps with the daily stress of living. The first just encourages me to go off on creative tangents, half-finished projects littering the room I laughingly call "my scrap room".

And then there are the dogs. I love my dogs. They love me. But there are days.....we all have those days. The photo at the top of the blog is my Australian Shepherd. Her name is Gracie. I also have a Sheltie. His name is Sarge, and he was already named when I got him. They are adorable, loving, friendly, kissable, and they shed. Oh, do they shed. In fact, this is shedding season at our house. The vacuum runs at least every other day, and Sarge likes to attack. Every single time. He is an anxious little dog who chews his nails and paces. Gracie laughs at him.


Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment