Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Moving right along...

This is the latest stencil from Gulfsprite, available in her Etsy shop. Also added some of her drawing.

Painted over something that didn't turn out, then added collage and a quote

Gracie at the dog park on Monday, when we hit 70 degrees. 

Cover to the latest journal I made with file folders. Bleeding artist tissue

The girl was stenciled (Gulfsprite again) on a gel print, then added some bleeding tissue that I had adhered to deli paper. THEN did the flowers.

A fountain pen ink drawing that made it to this step,, and I just left it.

Abstract collage with bleeding tissues and a Birgit Koopsen download from Etsy

Collage of receipts from the bottom of my purse, post it notes


Patreon lesson. Drawing with a Derwent Intense WC pencil, then water color in the same tones

 I feel like I haven't been doing a lot, but when I recap 4 days of work I really have been busy. Just enjoying myself, experimenting with supplies. Gulfsprite had us do a drawing in a color and then match it to water colors to finish. She used a fountain pen with orange ink, I found a Derwent Ink Intense pencil in Tangerine, then used Daniel Smith watercolors in Cadmium Orange (which is actually kind of yellow) and Pyroll orange. Used a teal for the eyes, and mixed that and the darker orange to get the brownish dark. Going to try this again with a different color family. Red or Rose shades. 

I am working in the new file folder where I used heavy duty folders from Walmart. They are not as good as the original, older heavy file folders I am used to working on. Are we surprised? Nope. The paper wants to pell or peel up with water. So. Dang. I did use up the packets I purchased, and if I decide to make more journals, will purchase file folders from an office supply and not Walmart. Or just go back to buying journals. Also working in a Canson Mixed Media, which I really like. 

Tomorrow will be an art day. The high temperature will be 36, unless the local news is playing an April Fool's trick on us all. Have a good one, no matter what. Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment