Monday, November 2, 2020

Winter arrived....











 From the top: I purposely made a mess with sprays, paint, and stamping on two pages, then forced myself to make something out of that mess. This was based on what I have seen in the journal I purchased from Gulfsprite. After the mess was dry, I painted the shape of a head, neck, and upper body in gesso, then just started to create a face without drawing. This went through a "I hate this and need to rip out the page" phase, but I liked what was on the back side of the journal page, so nope, couldn't do that. Products used were craft paints, Arteza brush pens, and a regular pen.

Next is the first face in the lesson on abstract backgrounds, and placing a face on a lighter colored area. I struggled with this. Paint kept drying, so ended up having a lot of layers. The opposite page is with the darker background, and I still have that to complete. Dragging my butt on that one.

DREAM girl is water color pencils with white acrylic ink to blend. Dang. Struggled with this, and stopped when the paper screamed "no more!". Background is acrylic, washi tape, collage. 

Gulfsprite has some collage that is for sale on Etsy, and I downloaded that on Saturday. The NEWS girl is based on one of Gulfsprite's drawings from that collection. This is all water color. 

The dogs were at the Playground on Friday for baths. Meranda, bless her, decided to give Jake a trim because his fur is matting so horribly. I do comb him, and cut out mats on a regular basis, but this time around he was really bad. I absolutely love the boy's new look. His fur is so wiry, it is hard to keep groomed nicely, so we are hoping this will help. I will go out this week and buy him a new coat. Jake feels the cold far more than Gracie. The first photo of Jake is prior to the haircut. 

Buckle up buttercups, this week will be rough no matter what happens. I detest that trump supporters are running Biden buses off the roads. I detest that trump supporters are targeting houses with Biden signs in the yard (all over Indiana). And I detest that trump has ordered an unscalable fence to be put up today around the White House. We are in for a long haul of contention. Long distance hugs. Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment