Sunday, June 7, 2020

Just do it!

You stick that tongue out, Jake!

Right hand side of double page spread

Left hand side of that spread

Together. I never used the LET alphabet before. Not sure I like them.

Trying to use some old tags that I want to save in journals

But this page is far more appealing to my eye
I pulled out Dina Wakley's two books yesterday to motivate myself. Yeah, boy, it did that. Also brought to mind that Dina's style of art journaling is classic, based on principles of color and composition that guarantee success. I now will try my best to do at least 2 journal pages a day based on something from one of her books.

Two points: the above are in a Canson Mixed Media journal that I am trying to finish. These two Canson books have been around since last November and it's time to close them up. When using Liquitex gesso on this particular paper, it becomes heavy and the brush strokes from the gesso application are very evident. I don't care for that at all. I didn't apply gesso for the above spreads, but think I will try putting gesso on with an old credit card. (BTW, I have removed gesso and paint from the new IPhone 3 times. I am hopeless) Second point: I have been "flicking" the Dina glossy spray for accent and accidentally applied that to my phone, reading glasses, and another art project. Yeah, need to remember to cover stuff with deli papers before doing that move again.

Majority of paints on the above are Dina's. Go play. Now. And smile.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment