Thursday, August 15, 2019

Where do the days go?







I decided to scrub down the west side of the house by hand on Saturday, because I can. Power washing wasn't getting it clean. Was to the end, grabbed the hose to rinse the Dawn detergent off, and had to use my left hand to turn the hose nozzle. Pain shot into the knuckle of the middle finger. As I stood there, the knuckle swelled up over an inch. See above photo. I took that to send to Cathy and ask, "Urgent Care?" She said yep, I think so. Off I went.

First thought was soft tissue damage, but X-Rays revealed an old fracture. I have no idea when I did that. They put a buddy splint on, which is simply wrapping tape with a piece of gauze in-between the fingers. Yesterday was the orthopedic doctor. He doesn't see a fracture. Has no idea what I've done. soooooo, buddy wrap for 3 weeks and see if all signs of injury are gone.

Typing is a pain in the butt. Reason why no posts this week. I have been doing a little journaling, and plan on more.

Jake and Gracie had their annual exam at the vet, and that involves a senior blood draw. Gracie's kept bleeding, so she got a pretty pink bandage. She kept chewing at it, so it came off right after the pics.

Life goes on.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment