Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving the day before

This is what I would like to do 

Or this, work on crafts

Or this, in Silver
I am making Thanksgiving dinner for a small gathering of family this year. They invited themselves. (Yes, there is a backstory to this, but trust me, you don't want to hear it). I have not cooked a Thanksgiving dinner for 18 years, since my husband passed.

I made a list, went grocery shopping, and realized that a few items had to be purchased closer to the actual dinner. I made a second list, went shopping again. I have made 5 freaking lists, and not only entered just about every grocery store in the area, but also had to go to Menard's for a second humidifier for the spare bedroom. I am not making this up.

I want to craft. I want to paint. I want to art journal. But that is not happening this week. The above snowflakes are an experiment, and I will post the finished project whenever it is complete. I took the rusty, flat snowflakes you can purchase at Hobby Lobby, and coated each with either Viva Glitter Paste in Silver, or Viva Ferro in Gold, which is a matte finish. Turned out pretty good after the second coat. The above photos are just the first coat drying.

I wish everyone a peaceful, happy Thanksgiving. I am not peaceful nor happy, but there is always, always a light at the end of the tunnel. And at some point today after the final cleaning, I will carve out 15 minutes for one tag, or one journal page. THAT will be my happy place.
Blessings.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment