Monday, December 11, 2017

Chicago

The tree in the main lobby of The Merchandise Mart in Chicago

Lunch was a bottle of water and a meatless salad. $13.75. Uh huh

A belated birthday present from Pat

Cocoa. Always in pearls and now sporting a coat
I had a 3 day weekend in Chicago for Christmas. Have not seen everyone for months, so this was also a catch-up trip. We had a wonderful time, and now that I am home, I fully realize there were too many people I did not get to see. This just gets harder as you age.

On Friday I went to the annual ONE OF A KIND show at the Mart. Over 600 artists bring their wares for a 4 day selling show. Seth Apter had announced in August that he was going to be there, and because I took his class in Wisconsin, he offered all of us free passes. THAT, my friends, was the only thing free. Round trip train ride from south suburbs to downtown: $15.00. Cab fares from Randolph and Michigan to The Mart: $15. Lunch (????): $13.75. I also purchased art from Seth, and some cinnamon goodies that I gave to Pat after eating two. She was unable to join me on this adventure due to an electric outage. Consolation prize.

I love Chicago, I truly do. It is my birthplace, my hometown. But there is no way I could travel into that city 5 days a week as I did for 11 years. And Metra? That union needs to teach it's people to be kind and thoughtful for out of town travelers. Just saying.....

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda
"Destination" by Seth Apter. Now mine. I love the patina.

No comments:

Post a Comment