Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Art Journaling while answering the door on Halloween

What could be wrong with my feet???

I arrived at work early so I could catch everyone as they got off the elevator or came up the stairs

Remember to bring your pets inside when it is cold

So, so many layers

The line is the binding
I was the only person to wear a costume to work yesterday. Sigh. I had fun. The class had fun, and that is all that matters.

The horse on the couch is off of Instagram. Laughed for 5 minutes. The woman is just so blase, reading, with this horse on her furniture.

Art journal: as I mentioned previously, I have been watching a lot of videos on YouTube. This is the process I followed for this spread in the mid-size Dylusions journal. Pencil drawing with a lot of shading. Then Prisma colored pencils, using the Prisma blender. They are NOT water soluble, so I then used some acrylic paint on her face and the flowers, but added water colors to the background and around the flowers, on the pie charts. Did not think it was done (still don't), but knew if I added anything but water colors it would smear. So I sprayed the entire spread with Krylon Fixitive, let that dry.

I wanted to push parts of this busy layout back, so added a light coat of gesso. Then pulled out the Prisma water color pencils, adding highlights, defining the one eye and lips, flowers. Sometimes you need a whack the head to realize that what works with one medium will work with all mediums. I use Raw Umber Golden fluid acrylic paint on canvases all the time, for depth, shadows, etc. I pulled out the Raw Umber water color pencil, and oh, baby, went to town. Even over black, it added the depth I wanted around the flowers and on the edges of the pages.

I am leaving this alone because right now, at this moment, I am tired of working on it. This was done over 3 days. Time to move on. But learning a lot. I am now leaning towards true mixed media, in that this was acrylic paints, pencils, watercolors, and watercolor pencils. Finally lines were an ordinary #2 pencil.

Whatever works, right?
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment