Saturday, October 14, 2017

Mixed Media/Art Journaling

I stopped here to consider the final touches

Adding the center embellishment did it.

This spread originally was a drawing of a girl. yeah.

when all else fails, journal
I forgot to take some pics of the sides of the gallery canvas. Will do that for the next post on this series, because I have decided to make a set of three canvases in this theme.

This is a 5x5 gallery canvas with a base coat of black gesso. I lightly sanded it with a brown paper bag, then added old text pieces around the sides. The base on the front is corrugated cardboard painted with Golden acrylics. Another piece of old text, then an old cloth binding strip from a book that was torn apart. The color was perfect.

The circle center is the Steering Wheel die cut by Seth Apter for Spellbinders. I cut it out of water color paper three times and glued it together for thickness, then painted it with Finnabar's 3 jar rusty paste. Golden's Teal paint is the final touch. The center brad is something old from scrapbooking days. I think it is a Bo Bunny embellishment.

The art journaling keeps me sane. Seriously.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment