Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Mixed Media and Art Journaling

Series of 3 4x4 gallery size canvases




Junque Journal, which I haven't added to in months

When I get stuck on one project, I can usually kick start myself again by moving on to another area. This past week I was in the mood to play with the steel dies from Seth Apter, and collage elements together.  Once again, water color paper was used to cut 3 images. I glued them together, then started painting with Golden's fluid acrylics and DecoArt Media paint. Colors were Raw Umber, Nickel Azo Gold, and Quin Burnt Orange. Oh, a dab of Red Oxide. I am letting these 3 sit for a a few days, deciding if I want to add a touch of gold here and there. The Golden heavy body fine gold makes a great accent.

The journaling spread is me venting to my junque journal instead of exploding or imploding on individuals. Works for me.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment