Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Color Play


Sooooo, this lesson was for analogous colors, which are colors next to each other on the color wheel. If you mix these two colors, you will get a tertiary color. Simply a combination of the two colors, such as red orange. If I mix a bright orange and a primary red, I will have a red orange. We are being encouraged to use white (gesso), black and/or grey as our neutrals for shading, toning, whatever you want.

I first stenciled a basic flower shape across the double spread, then watered the orange Dina Wakely paint to pull it out a bit. Added the red Dina paint on the right side. After drawing the face with a Black Wing pencil, I smudged the lines for shading. Used a little gesso for highlights, and added quite a bit of gesso in the white spaces around both pages. Then mixed a black and gesso until I got a light grey that I liked.

She is wonky and off center and reflects exactly how I was feeling yesterday. Still having fun, and that is important.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment