Thursday, September 14, 2017

TBT

Canvas by Cathy. This represents the two of us

I don't remember if this is Cathy's or mine. From one of our online classes

A present I made for my friend, Pat. She had surgery and needed something cheery.

Frick and Frack looking at the snow falling outside the bedroom windows

Another Cathy original

Cathy original

Jake at the dog park

Close up of the Beatle canvas for Pat
The above are from March 2013. If I remember correctly, that was the winter the Indianapolis area ended up with a total of 92 inches of snow. I don't think we broke the all time record. I didn't care. It was a lot of freaking snow, and seemed to be endless. There were two storms that dumped in excess of 12 inches, and then a dozen or so where it was 6 inches. Getting around was horrible.

That was also the time period that Cathy and I discovered Christy Tomlinson classes online. All you needed was a blank canvas, some Mod Podge and an endless supply of scrap book papers. Hello? We had enough papers at home to start a second store, but the kicker was Cathy still had Allyscraps going in Plainfield, IN. And I worked every Wednesday. Alone. In a scrapbook store.

It was heaven. If Christy used something in a class that we didn't have, Cathy ordered it. One for her, one for me, and whatever was left went into the store. We had our canvases on display, on the one wall, on free standing grids. Customers would ask, "How do you do this?". If they were really interested, a sale was born. You also needed stamps, stamp pads that were permanent, rub-ons, and paint. And yes, certainly, you can purchase all of that right here! Come! Join our addiction!

Good times. I have a box of "She Art" canvases now out in the garage, because I am out of closet space in the house. Pathetic. But I also gave stuff away, sold some, and had a few stolen from the store. What goes around, comes around. True.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment