Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Not having a good time

My new computer desk that isn't a desk at all

Love the top design

This is a new 9x12 rug that tried to kill me yesterday

Autumn leaves at Danville, IN. park October 2014

Stream outside of Nauvoo, IL., October 2014
This past Friday I had the living room floor repaired. It took all day. Not with the guy working, with me waiting for the guy(s) to show up and work. There are several things wrong with what happened, but the floor was repaired to my satisfaction. However. Yeah, however, I will not hire this man again.

In preparing the living room, I rolled up and tied the old 9x12 carpet, and dragged it out to the garage. Going in the trash. I bagged up the old pad, also going to the curb, and cleaned. My thoughts were I would just use throw rugs. Uh huh. That was MY thought. Jake, the rescue dog who happens to be one of the luckiest dogs alive, had other ideas. When given a treat after coming back into the house (let us out, Mom, so we can come back in, eat, then go back out), he walked around the living room with the treat in his mouth. Then would turn and look at me. The expression on his face was "Where do you expect me to settle to snack, Mother?" Eventually he would land on a throw rug. And sigh. I swear I am not making this up.

Yesterday I took the dogs to the Puppy Playground, drove to a local store that sells bound remnants at fantastic prices, and bought a new 9x12 with a new pad. The very nice business owner loaded it in the car, and off I went. The new rug is much thicker than the old one, and therefore much heavier. I am 4 years older since I made that purchase. Holy Hannah, I thought I was going to drop dead in the garage. Took me quite awhile to work the rug to the point I could pull the roll out of the car. The end landed on the floor, and the dirt and I had an agreement. I would vacuum the rug, because I sure in hell could not lift that roll of carpet and carry it. I dragged it into the house.

At one point, with the new pad down and taped together, and the roll sitting there, giving me the evil eye, I called Cathy. She couldn't come help until later in the day. We agreed on a time,  I thanked her, and hung up. I have told Cathy that one of the reasons we are such good friends is that we are both stubborn as shit. I had that rug unrolled and in place in 20 minutes. I then drove to teach a Silver Sneakers exercise class.

The new table: I had a very old laminated and steel corner table my husband had bought me from Sam's Club. There really wasn't anything wrong with it except it was ugly, and I wanted rustic. Found this table at an outdoor Vintage Market in Plainfield, IN. on Saturday. Two kids helped me load it in the car, a neighbor helped me unload it, and it was done.

Except for Gracie. The side of the old desk to my left formed a "Gracie cave". She would lay down on the bare floor, back against the wall, and her brother was never allowed in this space.  The floor is still there, the wall hasn't moved, just the old desk, and you would have thought her best friend died. She paces, she circles, she looks at me with those pathetic eyes. I got down on the floor with her, made her lay down in the exact same spot. Still, "it's not the same, Mom!!!"

Serenity now. Tranquility. Pretty fall trees and quiet streams......
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment