Tuesday, August 15, 2017

So relaxing

Colored pencils only, by Prisma


Finished. Added water color from Daniel Smith



Added a little pen work because the feathery eye lashes in grey were not showing up
I often get in the mood to draw, color, or paint at night. There is no television in the studio room, so I will grab a journal and sit on the bed with the dogs, watching tv in my bedroom. After watching a few videos yesterday, I decided to once again attempt a girl with the Prisma colored pencils. These are the soft core that are NOT water soluble. And I have to say, I am loving them more and more.

The base drawing was done with a mechanical cheap pencil from Dollar Tree. This is my "go to" drawing tool, and a hold over from all of the Christy Tomlinson classes I took years ago. Then I started with the colored pencils, and finally added water color to the background, as well as on her hair and touches on the face. Wait. More than touches, I did do an all over light wash of a flesh tone I mixed with the Daniel Smith colors.

My biggest problem is mixing colors. I am in the baby stages of learning how to get the color I want. It ain't easy, believe me. But like everything else, the only way to learn it is to do it.

News bite for the day: Twitter is publishing photos of the Nazis from Saturday, helping to identify them. As of yesterday morning, one man had lost his job. Hopefully they all will be unemployed. I have always believed there are consequences for every action you take in life. If you are not willing to accept that premise before acting, than perhaps what you are about to do should be reconsidered. Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment