Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Completing Projects

House in wood front

Back

New assemblage


Another assemblage not finished
I really need to stay out of Michael's and Hobby Lobby until every canvas, every piece of wood has been eliminated.  Yeah. No.

A few months ago I was wandering the wood aisle at Michael's when I found these long, skinny frames. They are 5 inches wide, 18 inches long, and are light weight with hangers already on the back. You can work these either vertically or horizontally. I like the long, skinny look. So I bought 2 of them and put them on a shelf. 5 weeks ago I based painted both in a medium yellow, and they sat on a table, looking at me. Last week I started to apply molding paste through stencils, and collage elements. Yesterday I told myself that these suckers were going to be completed no matter what. After a flurry of text messages with Klara in Cleveland (HI, Klara!), they are done.  Almost. I have to glaze the bottom one again, and attach the brush. The one with numbers has had some black paint added to the bottom numbers to balance it out, a Klara suggestion, and I took a picture of that. Do you think I can find it in Dropbox? Why no, I cannot. Take our word for it, it looks better.

The little house. Also in a clearance section of Michael's last summer I found 9 houses of balsa wood (very light weight) in 3 various sizes. Ah ha, said I. These need to come home with me. So they did. And they have sat in a crate marked "WOOD" for months. Last week I hauled those boys out and base painted all 9. This is the first one to be finished. I am not particularly happy with this.  I wanted bright, happy, eye catching. It's bright, it's kind of happy, but beyond that, something is off.

So the other 8 houses are sitting on the table in front of the Scan N Cut, which I have yet to master. There are not enough hours in the day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment