Monday, December 12, 2016

Work in Progress

After the first application of paint and ink

Stenciled in the figures

A little more work on the background and figures
I am so influenced by videos I see on YouTube of other artists at work. This idea came from one of those. The artist is a Greek woman, and her blog is here.If you click on the "video tutorials",  there is a comprehensive list of art videos to watch. Nika loves to do silhouettes, so there are several.

I followed her example of first adhering a dictionary page to the board, then adding some various pieces of tissue paper for texture. I let this dry for several hours, then applied gesso to the entire board. Acrylic paint and acrylic inks were next. When that was dry, I drew the figures using a Donna Downey Signature Stencil. Black Dylusions paint went around the figures, and was allowed to dry overnight. Next layer was more gesso, then some color, then some gesso. You know the drill, you do the dance. It's not done, I want more definition on the figures, but it's getting there. This is one of those cheap canvas boards available at Hobby Lobby or Michael's in a value pack.

The photos don't show the texture all that well, but it's there and adds a dimension I really like. I am trying to remember to photograph projects in steps, but once you are working, it's hard to stop. Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment