Wednesday, October 5, 2016

New Projects

Front cover






Jake, cleaning his paws. Yes, he does this on the furniture. Your point?

Several months ago, Cathy and I were browsing together at Michael's. This is always a bad thing, very dangerous. We will talk each other into buying supplies, something neither of us needs, because "some day" we will make "something" and use those supplies. I have been inspired by Donna Downey to use up what I have on hand, because Hello? Can we say hoarder? And I am running out of room. I keep buying storage to hold all of this stuff (shit), so at some point, I have to either give it away or use it.

The above is a 6 inch by 6 inch heavy chipboard album. Comes in a package with the metal rings. and it was cheap. I think on sale it was $2.00. One valuable lesson I have learned from the various classes I've taken is: always gesso chipboard. If you don't, it will suck the paint right up. So I first applied a thin layer of gesso, both sides, and let it dry completely. I then used a brayer to apply one color in spots, adding a second color while it was still wet and randomly moving the paint around. I happen to love the mottled effect this gives, and you have a smooth, sealed base for whatever else you want to do.

Did some stenciling, added some Sizzix cut outs with Donna Downey inspirational stamping, few pieces of Washi tape, more stenciling, and called it done. This will be at one of the shows I am doing for the holiday season. I had a lot of fun doing this.

Life is Good.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment