Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Mixed Media Canvases

New watercolor journal, smaller scale

Before the glaze

Before the glaze

After the glaze

After the glaze

Gracie panting in the bedroom with the AC at 72, 2 fans running.
I have a closet full of canvases in various sizes. I just kept buying them when on sale, stacking them up in different locations within that bedroom. When I finally put them all together in one spot, I took a picture and sent a text to Cathy. If I remember, I think I said something along the lines of "Do you want to go shopping at Michael's, or Linda's back bedroom?" We laughed a lot, then went to Michaels. But seriously, I have NOT purchased any canvases in any type or size since cleaning that room up last year. Hello?

I have an associate who is about to open a gallery. I am not sure at this point what type of gallery, if it will be anything handmade, or if she is issuing guidelines. I did show her a few of my previous collage style canvases, and she was interested. So last week, at an odd moment trying to get my mind off my back, I started the two canvases above.

The bases are antique pattern paper, very yellow. Then some acrylic ink (FW. Love that stuff), Golden acrylic paint, and more paper. I used antique dictionary pages torn up, and an antique parts manual, then some tags. The horizons were drawn with a palette knife and Golden fluid acrylic black paint.  When all was dry, I glazed both canvases with Raw Umber, wiping it off with baby wipes, then adding it back, doing that dance that Donna Downey taught us in her online classes.

I like these. I don't want to sell them. Shoot me now.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment