Sunday, February 7, 2016

My Happy Place

A mini album made from a file folder

Inside of album, before the pockets were folded upwards

Inspiration Wednesday with Donna Downey

The inclusion close-up

2nd page of spread
I get a daily email from Cloth Paper Scissors, a magazine full of creative ideas. About a month ago they had a short article on how to make a mini album for whatever you wanted to use it for, from a standard manila file folder. The sample intrigued me, so of course I had to pull out a file folder and do one. This involved using the sewing machine, which had not been used in over a year. Getting it ready took over an hour. I am not a sewer. Sewing machines and I only work well together when they are brand new, before I have had a chance to screw it up. But I made it. The papers you see on the front cover and inside are old scrapbook papers. I have enough of those to do thousands of projects. Really. Old scrapbookers never die. We just keep hoarding. Anyhow. It was fun and kept me occupied for an afternoon.

Last year I signed up for Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday series. Every other Wednesday she posts a spread in a journal, which you are to take as a spark to create. The above was the second project for 2016, and I am very happy with how it turned out. I used Golden light molding paste to add the texture, embedded old book pages, rusty stars, and a piece of musical ribbon. There is a glaze of Raw Umber over the entire project. Donna burned the edges of her journal pages in this project. I took the safe route, and just burned the edges of two embellishments I adhered to the inclusion.

Enjoy yourselves.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment