Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year

Hand made planner for 2016

Front Cover. Like the dirty towel?

One of the stamps
So I was bored out of my mind by Monday, due to 3 days of heavy rain. It was chilly, dark, and depressing. I wanted a planner for the coming year. I put all appointments on my phone, but the phone, which is only 6 months old, has started acting up, so need a paper back-up. With doctor appointments all over the area, I need to look at an entire month at a glance.

The internet is wonder. Love it. I googled "free calendar pages", and found a website that offered exactly that. It's meandate.com. You answer a few questions about your calendar, create a PDF file, then download it to your computer and print it out. There are size variations. I chose letter size.

I used 140 pound weight watercolor paper for the covers. Another project I'll do when bored is gelli plate print various papers, let them dry, then stick them in a container for future projects. That is where the covers and tabs came from. I cut 3 inch diameter circles out of printed watercolor paper, stamped the months on them, then attached with the Tim Holtz tiny attacher.

Donna Downey sells collections of stamps with sayings about art and life. I own 3 of those, so just grabbed some that were meaningful (or random), and started stamping on each month. When I had a completed stack of papers, I bound the entire book together with a CINCH binding system. I did glue the month pages, which were printed at home, onto a lighter cardstock for stability.

I am happy. Got to use up a bunch of supplies, didn't buy anything additional to do this, and have a personal planner that works for me. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy New Year.
Let's move forward.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment