Saturday, June 27, 2015

Saturday at the dog park

Rylee and Libby




An incredible summer day. In the 60's, windy, and the sun is playing peek-a-boo with the clouds. Mostly overcast, but then big, fluffy white clouds drift across the sky. We have been to the dog park twice: once this morning because the original forecast called for more rain this afternoon, and then after lunch when it didn't rain. My two dogs are worn out. This is my goal. I love it when they are too tired to bark.

Cheryl sent me a text message to tell me she was at the park this afternoon, so her two girls were already playing when we arrived. Libby is growing so fast, legs are getting long. She is a sweet pup, not afraid of anything because she knows big sister Rylee has her back. And Libby has made Rylee young again.

All of our dogs are around the same age now, 6 to 7 years old. We all started at the dog park at the same time, so it isn't unusual to see white muzzles, signs of aging. I hope we all have our dogs for long, long lives, but if something happens I know I will be there for the mom and/or dad that needs consoling. As they will be for me if something happens to mine.

Life is good.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment