Monday, June 22, 2015

New Phone

Gracie at the dog park

Jake on a bench at the dog park
I kept my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone for 31 months, which is a very long time for me. Normally, when the 2 year contract is up, I am at Verizon shopping for a new phone. But I was happy with the Note 2. Then I started to hear that the Note 4 wasn't what we all hoped it would be, and had some problems. So in a spur of the moment decision, I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S6 instead. This was only after the Note 2 became possessed, and started doing weird shit.

Verizon or Samsung don't know I'm writing this.

Reviewers stated that the camera on the S6 is one of the best. From what I have seen so far, I have to agree. The clarity, sharpness and color rendition is superb. I am still experimenting, but so far I truly like it.

I have yet to receive a phone call on this phone, so am unable to say how the calls sound. No one calls anymore. The phone came with a "fast" charger, and yes, it is fast. Usually takes about 30 minutes, which is a very good point because the battery life sucks eggs big time. I think, because the American public demands so much from a phone, we have entered the era of charging our phones twice a day. Yep. Get used to it. Carry a car charger, folks.

The touch screen sometimes gets touchy. As in, I tap an application to open it and it doesn't. You may tap 2 or 3 times, and nada. This happened on the Note 2 so I think it is a Samsung or Android issue. Not annoying yet, as it doesn't happen often. This phone easily fits in any pocket, something I had missed over the past 2.5 years as the Note 2 didn't. I miss the size of the screen on the Note 2, but like the convenience of being able to always carry this phone with me no matter how I am dressed. It fits.

Some of the features on the Note 2 are not on this phone, yet it has new features that I find very convenient. I am not one to sit and mess with a phone for hours. That is for the younger ones, so when I can't figure something out, I ask my neighbor. She messes. That's cool because I get my answer.

The true test is how long this little baby will last. A 2 year contract is a long time, and for this period I did not take out insurance. It has become ridiculous in price, in my opinion. My reasoning is if this goes belly up and I need to buy new, I will spend some of the kid's inheritance. Yep. What kind of a statement is it that you have to go into your savings to buy a telephone? Scary, isn't it?

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment