Wednesday, December 17, 2014

It's a Dog's Life

Jake. Waiting for a paw massage. Waiting, mom.

Spoiled rotten brats
I teach an aquatic aerobics class two nights a week. My normal routine is to come home, let the dogs out (priorities!), and then take a shower. While I am in the shower, the dogs wait patiently in the bedroom.

I may have mentioned a time or two that the dogs are spoiled. Beyond belief. Yes, they are allowed on furniture and the beds. It's me and them in the house, and I don't mind. Last night as I exited the bathroom, Gracie jumped up and claimed the exact middle of the king size bed, curled up against the pillows. Jake, not wanting his sister to gain any momentum in the continuous competition for my affectations, claimed my spot next to the light. This is where I would sit to read.

I stood at the foot of the bed, took this shot with my phone, then asked the dogs if they were comfortable. They both put their heads down on pillows. I then went to the far right to read.

Dog lovers are strange and wonderful people. We will do just about anything to accommodate our dogs, to make them comfortable and loved. And the dogs know this, know how to work it.

I swear they plan this shit out ahead of time.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment