Saturday, November 22, 2014

This one's for ME!

Applied ephemera with gel medium

Close up of light modeling paste


Before final glazing of Raw Umber

Completed with glazing

I mentioned the other day that I treated myself to a new online class with Donna Downey. The name of the class is 10 in 10, 10 canvases in 10 days. I am not quite that fast for several reasons. I like to think about what I'm doing, and can take weeks to complete a canvas. That is not the case with this project, but the waiting for layers to dry is slowing me down a bit.

I have been on Pinterest since the beginning, and started a board for abstract art months ago. Looking at examples of other's art is inspiring and daunting. The main reason I took this class was to get out of my rut,  and try something new. Donna Downey is a very talented teacher, organized, enthusiastic, and yes, inspiring. I've completed two canvases, starting a third, and having an absolute blast. This is for me. I am not selling these, don't care if anyone else thinks they are crap because they are going on my walls. And I am learning and growing, two things that I love to do.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment