Friday, April 11, 2014

A Few Things Friday

What do a 2 year old and a 3 year old do at great-grandma's? Why jump on the bed and look in the mirror!

A large 11x14 canvas with base layers

Done, I think. Not sure.

Close up. His eyes are scrap booking brads.

New technique that takes the stress out of stamping letters

Mr. Jake. His normal morning routine of returning to bed.
I completely forgot that I had pics of the little ones on my little camera. Snapped the shot of them jumping to try and capture the pure joy. It wasn't until the last night here that they realized if they stood on the king size bed, they could see themselves in the mirror on my dresser. I gave the kids my bedroom. Just easier that way.

Normally on mixed media canvases, I start out with various papers adhered with Mod Podge. I wanted to challenge myself, get out of the rut, so I put a layer of gesso (primer) on a canvas, then after that dried started just throwing down acrylic paints, inks, and alcohol inks. Did some stenciling with paint, added a few stamps, then looked at it for a few days before deciding I wanted an owl on this canvas.


This was a canvas I did last May. It's in the May 16, 2013 post. I had a blast doing this, and had so many complements on it. Then, in the last 2 weeks that Allyscraps was open, someone stole this canvas. Cathy and I were so careful, but when you are at the register ringing over 50 to 100 items, it is very difficult to watch what someone might be doing in the store. Shit happens. We didn't realize it was gone until after the store was closed for good, and I hauled all my stuff into the studio. Strong suspicion about who took it. My attitude is that she has to live with herself, right?

Anyhoo, I wanted another owl. And I like my new owl a tad more than the first one. Maybe. Now I don't know.

Sigh.
Have a great weekend.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment