Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Art Journaling Again


Gelli print added to my journal with Washi tape


A few months back I ordered a Gelli Art Plate, and promptly made some of the most ugly prints you can imagine. It takes a few sessions to get the hang of working with the Gelli plate. I now have a stack of prints that will be incorporated into other projects, such as the art journal, greeting cards, or canvases. One of those prints that turned out decent to my eye is above, with the orange background. I can't define why I like it, I just do. Last night I taped into the journal with Washi tape, and then added some large raindrops. Those I colored with markers.

On the facing page, I used a Faber Castel Pitt pen to hand write the large letters, then make elements inside those letters. While the dogs snuggled alongside of me on the bed, I played with the markers while watching NCIS. The time flew. I think this all reminds me of coloring with crayons in a brand new coloring book as a kid. Whatever it is, I love it. The process totally relaxes me, and I am not worrying about how it will end, just trusting the journey.

So obviously I didn't stop there, went on to draw out the humps and color them as well. Both pages were done on top of acrylic paint that was brayed onto the paper. I clean my brayer off in the art journal when working with the Gelli plate. A good tip I picked up somewhere along the line. And I realized that simplicity is sometimes what I crave. I have journal pages that are loaded with layers of paint, stamping, added papers, etc. But this "hump" page is done. Just because I like it in the present state.

Not to say I won't go back later and add something to it. But hey, it's my journal, right? Have a good day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment