Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 Reflection

We are at the end of the year. I am not making any New Year's Resolutions, because of the word "resolution". It implies that that particular thought or promise is locked forever. Go with the flow, and adjust as you go. That is one of my new mottoes.

What would I like to see in 2014? Compromise among all politicians. Just do your jobs, jerks.

Zero tolerance for animal cruelty. In every state, in the entire nation. And severe punishment for this crime. Someone who is cruel to animals will eventually turn to people, usually children. Nip it in the bud.

I want to become more tolerant of others. This is something I think comes with age, and I am far, far more easy going now than I was 10 years ago. But there is always room for improvement. If you don't change, you don't grow. Continued growth is the goal.

Patience. Good grief, I need more patience. I hate getting lost, and when I am lost, I have no patience with myself or the situation. It took me 65 years to realize that it is a control issue within my head. But it puts pressure on whoever is with me, and that's not good. Perhaps I can change this, or not. But now that I am aware of it and the reason underneath, the reactions should change.

Finally, I want to find our niche for selling our art work. "WE" is Cathy and I. We both know, in our hearts, that we can do this. It's just getting off our butts and out into a wider world to find the outlet. It will get done, and very soon. I am running out of room to store the canvases. Getting scary....

Have a safe and calm New Year's Eve. Relax New Year's Day. Join me in starting the new year with a positive attitude. It certainly can't hurt.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment