Monday, May 27, 2013

This and That




I just completed an online course in color inspiration from Christy Tomlinson. It was a great help and a lot of fun. So the 3 6x6 canvases were the first attempt at a project after applying the guidelines from that class. I cheated. Black was not one of the colors originally selected, but I liked that black flower against the turquoise background. These were also forcing me to step out of my comfort zone by using other materials. The stems of the flowers are rolled pieces of old pattern pieces. Rusty wire was twisted and looped to form the background flowers.

Cathy and I have found another outlet to try at selling our creations. It would be nice is something, anything sold. I don't care if it's hers, mine, or both. SOMETHING!! The stacks of canvases are growing.

After I took the shots on the dining room table, I turned around to see the babies looking very intent out the living room window. Aren't they just too cute? Brats.

Have a great Memorial Day. Say a little prayer for those who have served.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment