Monday, October 29, 2012

I've been a bad Blogger!







Hard to believe that I have not posted anything for three weeks, but the dates don't lie. Cathy and I have been tremendously busy, trying to get enough made to redo the large booth with all Christmas crafts.

On Thursday, while the weather was still warm and sunny, we moved the table, door, shutter and a few smaller pieces from Allyscraps to Gilley's Craft Mall. Our intent was to set the booth up on Friday, but we delayed so we could get "just one more thing done." By noon on Saturday, we had the booth looking as it appears in the photos above. (I so miss my little Canon Powershot. I have yet to replace it from the robbery)

We have a pretty good method for making all of this: I can't sew. It's a mental block from childhood, when my mom would rip out everything I did sew and redo it. Actually, she was doing that when I was in my 20's, so I just gave up. When you reach a certain point with primitive crafts, they have to be "grunged". This involves coating or painting the material with a mixture of coffee, cinnamon, and cloves. Or at least that's what I use. Some crafters add vanilla. As I've said before, this makes your house smell like stale coffee. I don't have a problem with that, but Cathy's allergies kick in, and she can get a blinding headache in a heartbeat. Sooooo, Cathy sews, I stuff, I grunge and paint, and she finishes. It has worked out very well.

Yesterday, Sunday, I went into Gilley's to get Cath a birthday present. Today is her birthday. I, of course, went by the booth to see if anything sold. All of the Santa's except the little guy with the striped hat were gone. We had sold anything that represented a primitive Santa in less than 24 hours, including the Santa suits.

Needless to say, this week will be very busy. Hope you have a good one.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment