Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall



I took these pictures in 2010. This is the view from my friend Pat's house. She owns a chunk of these woods, and it keeps her in her home. I wouldn't move either if I could look out the back windows and doors and see this. I'm posting these because we have zero color in central Indiana, and it is doubtful we will have any autumn splendor. This was our third year of drought, and although the rain that has fallen since August 1st is replenishing our earth, it is too late to help the trees change their color.

I love to see the trees change, and when it doesn't happen I somehow feel cheated. One of my favorite pastimes is to go out with the camera and just take a truck load of shots like these. The wonderfulness of digital is low cost after the fact. Maybe, this year, I need to find the beauty in the color brown....

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment