Friday, September 14, 2012

Dogs and their toys


Aren't they adorable? Yeah. Just so cute.

When Gracie and Jake get a toy, they play with it very differently. Gracie will immediately remove any squeaking device held within the cloth. She then meticulously removes the eyes and ears. Evidently there is a method to dismantling a toy that I don't know about.

Jake, being a boy that came from a Shelter, plays with his toys. He still likes to roll over on his back with the toy in his front paws, moving it around above his head, holding it gently in his mouth. Jake takes care of what he has. But he also has a sister.

A new pattern has emerged that kind of worries me: Jake tries to steal toys from other dog's toy baskets. This has happened twice, and the other dog moms are telling me the boy doesn't have enough to play with at home. Yeah, and the other dogs don't have Gracie in the house.  So I guess I will break down and buy, just a few, today and see what happens. I feel bad that Jake wants something to play with. All I have to do is convince Gracie not to destroy it.

Have a great weekend.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment