Friday, May 18, 2012

Little Treasures


It is garage sale/flea market season, and will be until the first frost hits. I wanted to share what I found in a resale shop in Martinsville, IN. several weeks ago. This is an old high chair made of hard wood. It has been painted in some type of rustic finish, and is missing parts. Now I could have refinished the chair, but I happened to like that rustic, primitive look.

The chair was a whopping $12. I knew immediately what I was going to do with it, because I remembered I had this particular clay pot sitting in the garage. I placed it up against the fence so it wouldn't get knocked over from running, leaping, crazy dogs. They have basically ignored it. And with the pot filled with dirt and the two plants, it is fairly heavy and stable. Yes, the weather will beat the wood up some more. That's okay. If I take the chair in for the winter months, it will survive many more summers, I'm sure.

So the point is, if you want to have a unique accent in your yard, keep an eye out at those garage sales, flea markets, and resale shops for anything that can accent your gardens. Old wheelbarrows, buckets, chairs, bathtubs, I've even seen toilets with petunias planted in them and around them that were stunning. It helps to have an open mind, and if you're married, a husband who will say "if it makes you happy, dear."

Enjoy yourselves.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment