Monday, May 14, 2012

Little Ones

Bella, my oldest great-granddaughter now has attitude

Gianna, the youngest great-granddaughter always has a smile

Jake wants to know when they all are leaving
I had company this weekend. Terra and Jeremy brought the babies down. Oh, boy. First of all, little ones are faster than their great-grandmothers. I felt like I was leaping through the air trying to catch either them or keep the dogs away. Gracie was very good, just wanting to give the girls kisses. Lots of kisses. I think at one point she cleaned out Gianna's ear. But Jake....poor Jake. I have had my suspicions since I adopted Jake that he was abused by a small child. Jake is just not a dog for little kids. You can't come up to Jake face on, he perceives it as a threat. The approach must be from the side, and I learned this one night months ago when he snapped at me. He didn't connect, it was just one of those warnings, as if he was chewing the air around his head. So I kept him at my side the entire weekend, or out in the yard. He was good, growling only once. A growl is a warning, and I took it seriously. We explained to Bella that you can't walk up to any dog and stick your fingers in his/her face. I am blessed with a granddaughter who believes in teaching her children, not ignoring their behavior. Jeremy and Terra are totally together on this point, and are doing a wonderful job of being parents. And it shows. Bella, who is only 20 months old, speaks in sentences and understands. She also likes to push boundaries, as any toddler will. But when all of the adults use "that voice", she knows it's time to change the direction and the subject.

It was a great weekend. I am exhausted, still. But this was the best Mother's Day present I could have had. Love you, babies!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment