Saturday, February 4, 2012

Rainy Saturday


A tongue in cheek birthday card

It's raining, for the first time in well over a week. I do feel bad for the people who want to take in the NFL experience downtown. For those of you who don't know what is going on, tomorrow the Superbowl will be played at Lucas Oil Stadium in downtown Indianapolis. The entire downtown area has been transformed to celebrate and make lots and lots of money for folks.

I am not a football person, so have not gone downtown. There are several reasons. I'm not rich, being the first reason. Parking garages that are normally $6 are now $20, but tomorrow? I have heard $300 and up. Businesses are renting out their parking lots for the game. Why not? Hotel rooms that next weekend will be $120 are, this weekend, $1500 a night with a four night minimum. You get the idea.

I'm happy for Indianapolis. Really. It is a very easy city to navigate, very clean, people very friendly. The amazing part is that the weather really did cooperate this past week. A year ago we had a blizzard on February 1st with below normal temperatures for weeks. This winter has been mild and enjoyable.

What am I doing tomorrow? Going to the movies, or shopping. I figure we will have everything to ourselves. Have a good one.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment