Monday, February 21, 2011

Thinking Green

Brown County State Park, Nashville, IN



Sigh. These photos remind me of how much I enjoy walking on trails, when everything is green. Is it me, or has this been the longest winter on record? I know that really isn't true, but it just seems like I have yearned for moderate weather and green grass for a very long time. Perhaps our drought last summer, and the corresponding brown we looked at for months, has something to do with it.

Raining today, turning to snow tonight. The dogs and I have walked every day this past week, but today that won't happen, so I think they'll have a play date at doggie day care.  Spoiled rotten brats, but I love them anyway.

Enjoy your day. Think positive that good weather is just around the corner. It gives us all hope for the future. It's funny, but having been born and raised in the Midwest, I always said I stayed here because I loved the change of seasons. Now as the cold, snow, ice and sleet take their toll, I realize it's changing from spring to summer, and summer to fall that I love. We could just cut out winter altogether, and I'd be thrilled!

Have a great day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment