Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spring is just around the corner

Somewhere on the Champaign IL garden walk, June 2008


This was behind a private residence. A major thunderstorm was moving in.

Good Morning. I'm listening to the morning news as I type this, and another large snow event is moving east. This time the snow is going to hit Oklahoma, Missouri, Kentucky, and I imagine, Tennessee. Not Indiana. Not us. The forecast is for 30's and 40's this weekend, and possible 50 degrees next week. I spent the good part of yesterday afternoon chipping and scraping ice off my driveway. In some areas, the ice was 5 to 6 inches thick. I can survive anything with a weather forecast of 50 degrees after the past 2 months.

I attended the June 2008 garden tour in Champaign, IL. with a friend. It was a typical Illinois summer day, with the sky turning various shades of grey as storm clouds moved in. My favorite weather to take photographs. It intensifies the colors, giving a depth to the subjects. That particular area of Illinois gets hit hard in the warmer months. My kind of weather. I love summer storms, the play of light and shadows, the way the clouds move.

Spring is just around the corner, bringing with it the thunder and lightning. I can't wait.
Have a great day.
Liinda

No comments:

Post a Comment