Monday, January 17, 2011

Thoughts of Spring

Brown County State Park - Indiana

Pat at the bottom stair

The reflections in the still water caught my eye

On the grounds of the Indianapolis Museum of Modern Art
There is still over 7 inches of snow on the ground. It is 17 degrees as I type this, but I can't help but think of what is coming. What will be here in just a few short months.

Maybe it's a sign of age that the winter season seems so long. And I have to remind myself this year that one of the main reasons I live in the Midwest is because I do like the change of seasons, always have. But the last two winters have been cold, filled with above average snow, below average temperatures, and I want warmth.

So I look at photographs from last June, when the green was so fresh and crisp. It will come again.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment