Thursday, December 30, 2010

Green Eggs and Ham

Real eggs, from real chickens

Trying to capture the color

OH. Let's help mom make the bed.

Mom. No more pictures, okay?
We went sheepherding yesterday, but not in our normal location. Leah found an indoor arena in Zionsville, IN.  This was on a horse farm, and at least we were out of the wind. I didn't take any photographs at this session, not knowing how dark it would be inside of this building. The arena was on one side, stables for the horses were on the other. When I walked Gracie in for her turn with the sheep, she spotted several horses with their heads outside the stalls and jumped. Yes, Gracie, that is a horse, close up and personal. Smart dog that she is, she immediately went around me to the other side to get as far from the horses that she could.

Whenever we do see Leah and Liz, her mom, they bring fresh eggs from the farm. Yesterday Liz sold me green eggs. I thought that the color of the eggs came from the feed you give the chickens. I guess that is partially true. The green eggs are from Americana chickens. They also lay blue eggs.  I tried to get good photos, using white paper and canvas as my background, but we have zero sun today. Overcast and rainy. The color is not quite true. But I had to take a few pics to show everyone.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment