Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Green, green grass, where art thou?

Gracie and Sarge in the backyard June 2010
Look at that grass. Notice how dark green it is? How healthy it appears? My yard today looks nothing like that. It is a nice, crunchy brown. The only green is the ring around the plants that I am desperately trying to save by watering.

Mother Nature is just so weird. Going into the month of July, we were up several inches in rainfall for the year. For August, this area is down over 2 inches. Combined with the intense heat of this summer, it has taken a toll on the landscape.

This is the first of a series of photos I took of Gracie sniffing Sarge's face, ears, and chest. I don't know what he came up against or rolled in that day, but he must have smelled mighty fine to his sister. Poor Sarge finally just walked away from her. They are so good together, and I know I am very fortunate in finding two diverse personalities that work. The play can get rough, but neither ever whimpers and blood has never been drawn. Sarge will raise his lip on occasion, but that is as far as it goes. Sweethearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment